Wednesday, July 13, 2011
On our side of town:
- my new sewing machine (it's this one) works like a friggin' dream. I finished my first skirt yesterday. I'm really trying to take my time and learn how to do everything professionally, like finishing seams, etc. I'm also really trying not to get ahead of myself, but I can't help but think I'm one step closer to opening up an Etsy or BigCartel shop for handmade clothing.
- we are gearing up to send Hayden to kindergarten. He starts the 31st of August. Everyone keeps telling me that I'm going to cry, but I don't know. Mostly I'm just nervous. I'm also preparing myself for the inevitable week of his crying and separation anxiety that's bound to happen.
- I am loving Hannah's blog, Whiskey Shores. She just finished her schooling in fibers (my kind of gal), and does some really amazing textile work. Definitely check out her online shop too!
- our garden is slowly producing. We have tons of tomatoes, although only one has fully ripened. We also have a teeny baby watermelon, which is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. The herbs are in full force, and thankfully so. My tummy has been especially sensitive lately, so that mint and lavender is really coming in handy.
- we are considering a trip to the beach. We had said no to it this year, that we would buckle down and save some money, but that was before an unexpected (and cheap) opportunity for a place to stay came our direction. I'm actually really hoping we can because, well...Pennsylvania winters are sort of long, and a beach trip always seems to soften that blow.
*On another note, I do believe I'm getting this Saturday completely to myself! I know! What I'd actually like to do is model some of the things I've been making and post some pictures, since I'll have the time to screw around. Keep your eyes open--I'd love to hear some feedback.