Thursday, December 13, 2012

the slowest days.


Useful tools for handling pain and boredom: amazing coffee, my favorite Pho soup, and a magical book.

Days around here are incredibly long and incredibly slow, mostly because I'm constantly uncomfortable, but also because I'm living in a haze of pain-killers and muscle-relaxers. I was musing yesterday, amazed that there are people who want to be on this stuff all the time. That's something I'll never understand. To me it feels...well, it feels like shit.

There is surgery on my horizon. (yay) It will probably be along the lines of this, if you want to read about it. But it won't be happening anytime very soon, due to all the appointments and test I'll have to have prior to the actual procedure. I'm scared, but oh well. I want to feel better. I'm sick of feeling like half a person.

In the meantime, there is much cutting of paper snowflakes. I recovered a lampshade with book paper and it looks mighty pretty. Oh, and I gave my mother a manicure today for her birthday. I'm managing a 30 minute walk each day. I'm getting better. Now the real work comes in: figuring out how to stay that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love--remember to be kind!