Thursday, August 23, 2012

in recent days.


Hayden has been "helping" a lot around the house, most especially when copious amounts of dish soap bubbles are involved. He started his first day of first grade today, and came out the doors a mixture of proud and relieved.


There are tomatoes coming out of the garden every single day. Right now I'm a bit obsessed with toasted homemade bread, spread with butter and topped with ripe tomatoes, sea salt, and pepper.


I've been playing around with watercolors and acrylics again, but I can't seem to get into any project enough to finish it. The motivation is definitely lacking. Right now, my pace is more "let's embroider lazy daisies on our clothes while we watch Sideways for the 50,000 time".

Also in the news (and not photographed):

- I've been, with a great amount of caution, dancing again. Slowly, hesitantly, but I am trying. I can't seem to ever truly live without it. It is what makes up such a big part of me.

- There are at least a dozen mosquito bites on my legs. Those fuckers suck. *harharhar*

- I have been up to my elbows in housework lately, mostly by choice. I feel this urge to push all unnecessary things out the door. Possibly to make room for more found paper and fabric. Maybe.

- Dark chocolate with raspberries, people. Square after square. In my belly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love--remember to be kind!