|embroidery thread and/or just one of several thousand things I'd like to organize this year|
Instead of making a bunch of resolutions that I know I won't keep, I made a list of things I'm craving in 2015:
1. Opportunities to learn. This could be achieved in any number of ways, like taking a dance or art class, following through on my plans to attend college, or taking more time to explore the forests and rivers that surround our town.
2. More dancing, as in, dancing in my socks in the kitchen while I make dinner. Dance-jumping on the bed while we blast Michael Jackson through the house. More time with my hoop, more time at the barre, more time with the wooden floors of dance studios under my feet. Chronic pain be damned; I want to dance.
3. Less television, more porch sitting underneath the moon.
4. More impromptu dinner parties, with dozens of tea-light candles flickering, friends and family music on, and homemade pizza's in the oven.
5. More knitting, more embroidery, more collages in my art journal.
6. More blanket-forts.
7. I want to get my family back in the kitchen with me. We cooked together for a while, and then sort of fell out of rhythm after we moved into our current place. I want more togetherness, while we chop up rosemary and onions for marinara sauce, or mash bananas for banana bread.
8. I plan to continue cleaning out the house, de-cluttering, simplifying, organizing. We made great strides over the past year, living on as little as possible and creating the rest, and I can't wait to see what we do this year.
9. More trips to the indoor and outdoor markets.
10. More love. Love for the ones I'm close to and the ones I'm not. I plan to spread it on thick. 2014 was heartbreaking in many ways for me, as well as for the whole world, and I'd like to be part of the greater solution, which I believe is to love those around you. Most especially those people that are hard to love.
I'd love to hear about your goals, or if you don't have goals, what you hope for in the new year. I wish you all love and light on this trip around the sun.