Thursday, January 22, 2015
Flashing back to a few years ago, in our old house. These pictures make me laugh every time I see them.
Here's a few things cheering me up on this grey, dreary Thursday:
1. This Bad Lip Reading of the NFL. In this format, I could watch football all day, every day.
2. Andrea's latest post. That lady is a bright ray of light, for sure.
3. The RAW BANANA BREAD SHAKE. Do I even need to explain this one???
4. Lori's stunning Instagram page. I want to move to Californian countryside and knit all the things, immediately.
5. This teacher, who elaborates upon the doodles his students turn in on their assignments. Such a creative, fun way to interact with the kids. I wish more teachers would use humor to create more meaningful moments with their students.
Just a (sad) note:
I hate to end this post on a downer, especially after all that fun stuff above, but I thought I should at least mention that my Uncle died. He was hit by a car while walking. We bury him tomorrow afternoon and I'd like to ask you all to pray for my mother and grandparents. He was a brother and a child, respectively, and while I don't grieve much myself (I didn't know him well, especially in recent years), my heart does grieve very much for them. My Uncle was mentally ill for several years, and lived a sort of vagabond existence, and the whole thing is sad, topped off with a sad ending. My brother and I, and our spouses, are going to literally hold these people up, until the worst has passed.