Thursday, October 4, 2012

gathered smock top.

So I feel really silly for even posting these pictures because, honestly, they suck. Especially if I stop to compare them with all the fabulous "DIY" and sewing pictures by other bloggers out there. But oh well. There is no sun to be had this week and I became really impatient waiting for perfect picture-taking conditions.

This is a simple, smock-style top, basically two long rectangles sewn together at center front and center back, leaving a 'V' for the head, and then stitched up the sides with enough space left to fit the arms through. I gathered the waistline with elastic and did the same with the sleeves. I also tea-dyed it, as I didn't really like this fabric's blindingly white background. I like the way it turned out. It looks great with jeans, cinched with a belt at the waist, or with boots and a little cardigan for cold weather.



On another sewing note, I printed this free pattern from the Colette blog. It's been all over the internet for a long time now, and I want to finally try my hand at making it. I'm thinking of lengthening it into a dress...because I really need to make another dress. Right.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love--remember to be kind!