Wednesday, October 24, 2012

loot.


Yesterday I went to the thrift store
one of my favorite places
I love running my fingers
over the shoulders and sleeves
of old jackets and sweaters
Love perusing the used books
with obscure titles and
little personal notes that
flutter to the floor
And I always take a moment
to look at the evening gowns
some hideous
some amazing
but always, always interesting

(found: mint green mohair sweater, Free People crochet-sleeved t-shirt, hardly-worn pair of green converse sneakers, The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver, and a handbook of maternal and newborn nursing)

2 comments:

  1. Funny, I recently picked The Bean Trees up at my favorite thrift store. Treasure. So glad to have come across this space of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the bean trees and animal dreams are definitely favorites. thank you so much for commenting. :)

      Delete

Please leave some love--remember to be kind!