Wednesday, January 16, 2013

homemade face wash.


From left to right: cinnamon, nutmeg, tumeric, dried lemon balm, chamomile, and sugar.


I love whipping up a quick face wash with things I have around the house. The cinnamon and nutmeg are natural anti-fungal's and anti-inflammatory's. The tumeric I added to give my face a little glow, to beat back some of this winter-white complexion. (Though, if you choose to use tumeric, go easy. Add to much and you'll look jaundiced.) Lemon balm and chamomile are calming and reduce redness. And I threw the sugar in there to give my skin a little exfoliation. You'll see above that I also chopped up some oats and added those in, which are wonderful for fighting itch and inflammation. I didn't do any actual measuring here, but I'd say I had close to a heaping tsp. of all the ingredients.

Directions: chop and/or grind the chunkier ingredients. Throw everything in a jar and shake to combine. To use, wet your face and apply using your fingers. Massage in slow circles for roughly 30 seconds. Rinse. Keep this tightly sealed for one week.

***IMPORTANT***
If you have very sensitive skin, please keep the cinnamon to a minimum, as it will inflame whatever area you apply it to. I mixed everything so that there is a ton of the other stuff in addition to the cinnamon, therefore a bit "diluted", if you will.

4 comments:

  1. I must try this B! It looks so good. I must say my skin-care routine is so simple (I have very chemical-sensitive skin); wash with tepezcohuite bark soap morning and night, and every few days put on a raw oatmeal mask... moisturise with pure argan oil, and that's it! But I love the sound of spice and their properties for freshening the skin xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely try it! part of the whole experience is how amazingly good it smells. :) a word of advice though, since you're saying you're skin is sensitive...go easy on the cinnamon. it fights a lot of nasty bacteria, but it can also burn if there's too much (ask me how i know). thanks for commenting. <3

      Delete
  2. I bet this smells amazing. Going to give it a try! thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are quite welcome. :) good to see you here.

      Delete

Please leave some love--remember to be kind!